Saturday, December 21, 2013

country christmas hoedown

The day started with champagne glasses (full of martinelli's of course) crackers, cheese, Maddy, Ali and the new Beyoncé album of course. 
It was banquet day, I mean it doesn't get much more exciting than that! Who doesn't love spending hours with your two best friends primping to put sparkly dresses on and take lots and lots of pictures?! It's a girl's dream come true. 
We had so much fun getting ready for our very last winter banquet. 

Us three girls have been getting ready for winter banquet together since freshman year. Deep down we are still those crazy three freshman girls getting ready for our first high school dance... Granted we all look a lot older now, we have swapped out banquet dates, and our pictures look a lot less awkward. 

I am so lucky that these girls are still my best friends. It's so fun being able to laugh about all the crazy memories we have made over these past few years, and we aren't done making them yet! 




Okay, now onto my date... I single-handedly won the "I have the best date" award. Hands down. I really couldn't of asked for a better person to spend the evening with, Evan was so much fun! He put up with my constant picture taking and frequent visits to the photo booth. Plus he looked pretty handsome in his "cowboy" get up... aka a plaid shirt and jeans... but really, it was the best banquet in the history of all banquets. 


We spent the evening eating BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, taking silly pictures in the photo booth and square dancing. After the "banquet" part was over, the crew headed down to the bowling alley. (Evan won, you could say I'm a pretty proud girlfriend.) Even though we were all extremely tired, we pulled the "this is our last winter banquet ever" card, and headed to Shari's for some shakes... or in Maddy's case: the world's largest cinnamon roll ever. 

So basically the point of this whole thing is to prove that us Cascade kids can have a good time, homecoming or not. All you have to do is make the most with what you have got and I promise you will have a great time! Oh... and that I had the best banquet date ever. 






** no matter how much I would love to deny it, this post wouldn't be complete with out a throwback to freshman year, so here ya go: 




happy blogging. xo. 








No comments:

Post a Comment