Thursday, January 9, 2014

t'was the season


lets pretend this was posted sometime before January 1st. 
It basically was the best two days ever. No biggie. If you know me well you know that Christmas is what I look forward to starting on December 26th every year. The caroling, cookie-making, gifting and sweet family and friends always makes for a jolly good time. Unfortunately it always seems to pass by too quickly. This year was just the same. Christmas is already over?! WHAT?! December 26th is always so depressing, but it just means it is time to start looking forward to next year's Christmas! 

Do you guys ever do the whole: "next year at this time I will be **insert some milestone... age/grade/etc.**"? Cause' I always find myself doing that... Most years, it isn't that big of a deal... BUT this year kinda freaks me out a bit. Next Christmas I will be in college. Woah. Crazy huh?! 

Anyways, back to this year's Christmas, my family celebrated our Christmas together on Christmas Eve due to conflicting schedules and such. At 1 a.m. the night before, my sisters, mom and I participated in a group text discussing what we should wear the next day and we all concluded to mix it up a bit this year... pajamas. So it was a cozy Christmas indeed. My brothers, their wives and kids showed up at 9 a.m. Christmas Eve morning along with my dearest Evan. We spent the morning having breakfast together which included my mom's amazing cinnamon rolls. We then exchanged presents duhhh




Evan and I ventured out into the craziness to do some last minute shopping for his family Christmas the next day. That was fun of course. I stayed up late, aka 1:30 am wrapping presents for my parents' and Evan's stockings. Thankfully my sweet boyfriend stayed up until midnight helping me. (he is the best)


enjoying cookies right next to santa... no big deal. 

our extremely creative {or not}  gingerbread house... 

Ahhh Christmas day! The glorious day had finally arrived. We all slept in and then opened our stockings together as a family... My mom and I ended up getting each other the exact same two pairs of socks from Gap, oops. Then we exchanged gifts and all that good stuff that families do on Christmas morning. Around noon I headed over to Evan's and spent the day with his family. We ate a wonderful dinner (with a turkey cooked to perfection thanks to his dad) and exchanged gifts, what's new. We also played card games and watched Tangled. Later Christmas night we met up with my parents and watched the new movie: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. It was sooo good. Go watch it! I hope all of your Christmas' were as good as mine! 



Ps. Evan is the most thoughtful person ever. Not only did he get me new socks and dresses but he put together a box with some of my favorite things: two boxes of adorable cards, new sharpies and pens, a beautiful journal, some washi tape and a set of calligraphy pens along with a book on calligraphy! You can say I'm already hooked... I'm really digging this whole calligraphy thing.. Stay tuned. 

happy blogging. 


Ps. Ps. one of the things that I really loved about Christmas was the "25 Days of Christmas." I had the novel idea to do 25 days of Christmas for Evan while Maddy, Ali and I were sitting eating a nice brunch at the Bella Union in Jacksonville one sunny morning... And... it happened! I am proud to say I pulled it off.. 25 presents in 25 days. Now of course I couldn't afford 25 amazing presents but they were fun! It also gave me an excuse to practice my packaging skills, which I loooove doing! Soooo here are two of my favorite packages... 








No comments:

Post a Comment