Thursday, February 20, 2014

a poem for my love: ponoe


what an amazing valentines day... 
I couldn't have dreamt up anything better!
I can't wait to write about it, but that will have to wait until this weekend; 
I am so incredibly tired after letting my five year old niece sleep with me last night... 
(who knew that girl could sleep talk, kick me,  AND sleep at the same time... 
now that's multi-tasking right there!) 
Because of my lack of sleep, I need to get to bed at a decent hour tonight... 

About a week or two ago my AP English class got assigned a poetry assignment... 
We had to write a shakespearian styled sonnet within the iambic pentameter... oh jeez. 
Evan offered to help me so we sat down in Starbucks (what a surprise) and got to work. 
After about a half hour of searching the thesaurus and a lot of erasing we had five lines, 
and they were about a rabbit names Otis. It was a problem. 
So I decided to take it home and "work on it,"
little did he know, I was actually rewriting it... for him
Let's just say I am definitely not a refined poet, so read with caution. 
(ALTHOUGHHHH, I did get dubbed the "sonnet queen" by my english teacher 
after getting an A on the assignment, so I was pretty proud.)

Here we go: 

Ponoe
by Sophia Johnston 

My world before Evan was slow and dull.
He came and brought me happiness and joy.
He makes me smile and keeps my heart so full. 
He is my pride and joy! Oh what a boy! 

Each day with him is wonderfully bright.
 I see no end of colors and of hues.
Blues, reds, and greens; what a beautiful sight! 
I think I'll never have enough of you.

He sings and draws and plays guitar so well.
His smile, his laugh, his love for the Lord.
He is so genuine, I just can tell. 
Oh dear, I don't think I'll ever be bored.

My Ponoe, my love, oh how I love you so; 
All the way through the highs and through the lows. 




uhm hello... how do I get to call that handsome face mine?! 
happy blogging. xo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment